Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Agree with work-only computer - Minnie

Posted: Jun 16th, 2019 - 3:51 pm In Reply to: VDI - Longtimer

For using VDI, I found a super good refurbished HP computer, Windows 10, and tons of memory and all the other requirements for VDI for under $150. It is FOR WORK ONLY. I also invested in a $36 VGA switch so I can have both computers on 1 monitor. Just a click of a button on my desk and I can toggle between my work computer and my computer for all other personal activity. It was well worth it. Now, as for VDI, I am not crazy about it but so far I have not had the issues that others have reported here. However, I still prefer to work outside of VDI and do so part of the week, then sign into VDI to keep my password alive and keep appearing now and then to use it. So far, all is quiet about all of us having to go to VDI and being cut out from the old program permanently. My manager and I are still hoping this whole thing finally implodes and we can "go back to normal" in some fashion or other. Doubt it, but have to keep hoping.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)