Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

VDI - Longtimer

Posted: Jun 14th, 2019 - 11:18 am In Reply to: You are wrong on one count. Nuance DOES want total - control of your computer and the ability

I have been transcribing as an at-home MT since 1992 - before the internet was born. Throughout those years, I have had to make my computer available to the IT department in most of the companies I worked for. Many times it was to install software for transcription or downloading files, and also for audio. Whenever I make my computer available, they go where they choose. They check settings, change things, add what they need to add. They do look at files on the computer to check for anything that will adversely affect the downloads they need to make for you to do your job or incompatibility problems. Years ago, I decided I needed a work computer with just work stuff and a home computer/laptop so there is no worry about what may be there. Not saying that is the way you should go, but it works for me.

As far as Nuance, I have not worked for them. However, I do expect to have my computer checked completely for the above sort of thing if I want to work for a company using their VDI because I sincerely do not think a reputable company is out to poke around in my computer looking at personal information.

I was just speaking to virtual desktop as a whole - not Nuance in particular. Seems a lot of people are not happy with them. :(

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)