Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 51)

I am 60 - something

Posted: May 22nd, 2019 - 6:00 pm In Reply to: It's more than just age to consider ... - sm

and would love to be learning something new. I think it would be exciting. I know it probably won't be a new career for me that would involve taking classes, etc., but certainly a new job where I can apply the skills I already have I think seems very possible. I know a gal who works in the personnel dept of a fairly large company. They interview lots of applicants, both young and more mature adults. Statistically speaking, she says the younger new-hires are only sticking around on the job for 1, maybe 2 yrs, and then they move on. The older new-hires are thriving in their positions and are far more reliable. You have to consider that baby boomers are still very much included in the prime working ages considered to be 25 to 64. It seems some really great companies are not shying away from hiring older adults anymore. They see the value of their work ethic and experience. I'm sure there are really good at-home jobs as well, which is probably what I will be looking into myself. Keep searching and finding out more about what's possible for you! The more you find out about the job market and job trends, the more it won't be so unnerving and intimidating. Best of luck!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)