Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Reply to question on Roku - see message - anon

Posted: May 14th, 2019 - 10:19 am In Reply to: Question on Roku - see message

Hi, I only have one TV which is in my living room. I don't have enough room in my bedroom for a TV (wouldn't know where to put it except on my white wicker dresser -- LOL) and my second bedroom has yet to be set up as an office. I would go with a Fire stick from Amazon. Same thing and principal as the Roku, but it's a tad more user friendly. I cut out my home phone service because I could see no sense in having both cell phone AND home phone. I cut out my TV service entirely because I can get the local network channels through Hulu. If you are close enough and are able to, I would suggest either an indoor antenna or an outdoor antenna to get the local channels. I would but being a rental property, I can't put an antenna up. Even though I am 60 miles away from the network stations, I can't pick them up and I even talked to an antenna representative about my capabilities with an indoor antenna. With my Hulu TV service, as I mentioned, I get the local network channels and the DVR capabilities and it's $50 a month or thereabouts. One thing too with streaming, is that you can pay for a monthly or yearly subscription and if you don't like it, cancel it with no obligation. I also have another service that I use to watch both newly released movies and old classic movies (including the Disney movies), called IStreamitall. To be able to use THAT service though you would need a Fire stick from Amazon. They also have a page on Facebook that is very helpful. That is $16 a month for unlimited movies and TV programs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)