Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

This is the most uplifting thing - I have read here in a long time

Posted: May 11th, 2019 - 2:08 am In Reply to: What's everyone doing for work? - JustMe

It is so good to hear something positive I can relate to here. I too have been through major hard times but have somehow managed to keep things together -- barely -- and even pay all my bills on time and keep improving my credit score, by always having plans B and C, two and three jobs at a time, and finding new ways to economize every day. I too drive only when absolutely necessary and have at times relied on renting a car once or twice a month to stock up. I buy what's cheap, often in bulk, including meat, dividing and freezing. Right down to using little pieces of paper towels and even using them multiple times. I make my own pet food. I cook once a week and eat one meal a day. I worked a few months at a local medical center and it was a nightmare: Abusive, brutal stress, wasted at least three (unpaid) hours a day getting ready, driving, etc., for peanuts; no thank you. I get maximum nutrition from the food I buy including potatoes, red cabbage and carrots (got to have vit C every day and vit A every other day minimum). I bake my own bread, grow some food in warm months, etc., etc. Little by little I think things are getting better. Some IC MT jobs are paying a little more and leaning away from VR and expensive platforms. Yeah, it's hard, really hard, but if things improve just a little more, those of us still hanging on might be able to make something like a living and breathe a little. My plan C is a different job I've been waiting a long time to hear about. I don't have all my eggs in the MT basket, but if it doesn't pan out, there's always cobbling together a living out of it. My best to all of us still at this!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)