Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Question on Roku - Reply - anon

Posted: May 14th, 2019 - 10:09 am In Reply to: Question on Roku - SAM

I'm the poster from above who first mentioned the Roku/Fire stick thing. I had a Roku for a couple of years, but Roku kind of "became too big for it's britches" as far as streaming was concerned. I too have Philo and really like it. I think though that I went with the $20 package. With Hulu, I went with the package that includes the "local network channels and has the DVR capabilities.

Another GREAT service is Istreamitall. It's $16 a month and they have TONS of movies, including the old Disney classics on it. I have joked and said that if you can't find a movie using this service, then you aren't going to find it. In addition to the "classic" movies, they also have movies that are newly released from the theaters so for $16 a month that also saves on the cost of renting a movie and streaming it.

Another interesting fact, is that I was a victim of Hurricane Irma. It hit my area on Sunday and no power until Thursday and NO internet for nine days. Well, using my cell phone, as my "wi-fi" I was able to stream TV that way. I called my cell phone carrier, explained to them what happened and they added extra gigabytes to my cell plan at no additional charge.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)