Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Starting over - Another dinosaur

Posted: Mar 20th, 2019 - 8:10 am In Reply to: You are 58 - MT Dinosaur

I got the boot from a transcription job I’d had for almost 20 years when my department was outsourced. My employer helped all of us (about 18 people) with job placement within the organization, otherwise I don’t know what I would have done. I went on many external interviews, and was facing huge pay cuts or wasn’t considered at all, it was a very difficult time.

In regard to people not knowing what transcription is, I can certainly relate. I work in a medical records department where I occasionally cover for absences, we still keep one work type on site. They’re trying to train additional people to help and think they can pull people with no training or experience, sit them down and have them up to speed in minutes because all you need to know is how to type, and “anyone can do transcription,” I probably don’t need to tell you that it isn’t working. I’ve heard this a lot throughout my working life, but I think it’s the first time people don’t recognize the skill at all, the younger people are, the farther away they get from knowing what MT is. It’s difficult to explain what we did or currently do because there is not another job that is the same. Long story short, I can definitely relate to what you said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)