Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

LEAVING MT WAS THE BEST THING FOR ME - RETIRED MT

Posted: Dec 21st, 2018 - 2:06 pm In Reply to: When did transcription die? - And am I the only one who was in denial

I started this profession in 1979 and retired in 2017. I have worked exclusively in Pathology. When I started the salary was $8 per hour and when I retired I was making $27.49/hour. Our department originally had 12 transcriptionist and when I left there were 3. The department was replaced by Voicebrook and now there are only 2 transcriptionists who work as editors. Several pathologists have since retired because the new system puts tasks on them that we used to do. Ours is a major teaching hospital/medical school and we knew the change was coming and had been asking management when it would happen and they kept saying it would be a long time before it happened. Clearly they wanted us to stay until the entire system was in place. I am happy I was able to retire with pension and social security. Probably I would still be there and this way the decision was made for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)