Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Overflow from hospital medical records transcription - Departments

Posted: Dec 12th, 2018 - 11:11 am In Reply to: When did transcription die? - And am I the only one who was in denial

I watched overflow from our department become a backlog so large, outside service was hired. Oddly enough, the outside service was owned by the medical transcription department’s supervisor. It was as if was planned in this case as it did not take long until the MTs were sent home and the old supervisor was owner of a thriving business. Why did they not hire enough MTs? I think there was too much talking and too little transcribing which went unchecked. I was also told by the highest earning MT in the dept that he padded lines to get better counts (expanded sentences with filler words). The canned response was to use the real estate taken up by an office of transcribers could better utilized by housing another dept/office. After ending up at home, we had to join an organization which required a membership fee. This organization appeared to stray from focus on MTs and their livelihood and apparently accepted our dues while simultaneously planning and implementing the outsourcing to developing nation labor force and transition to EMR. That’s my conclusion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)