Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Re: Sounds like... - Els

Posted: Sep 21st, 2018 - 9:46 am In Reply to: Sounds like... - md

It's a Med ical tran Scription company in NYC. I'm trying to not type the name in case they search this board. Hopefully you can put the name together out of that. Is that who you mean? So far they are very nice and forgiving. They better be, because my "mistakes" have been because they didn't give me a full list of account specs. There's been a bit of "Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you this." I'm being paid per line and they say they only take out 25 lines per template, which they all seem to have more lines than that in the template, so that could work out to my advantage. It may be a moot point because so far I'm not being assigned much work. Hopefully that will change once they see I can do the work once I'm told how they want it done. I would prefer acute care too, but most of the pay seems abysmal. Of course, if it's faster work, the cpl you're being paid doesn't matter as much. I have to admit that I have been extremely spoiled because for the last 6-1/2 years I've been working directly for a small hospital, starting at 14 cpl and now at 16. It was fantastic for over 5 years, with plenty of work, sometimes too much, but now there's only one doctor left who dictates his reports. He's the general surgeon, but it's very little work because it's a tiny hospital and anything more complicated than a cholecystectomy gets sent somewhere else. So to go from that to what's being offered these days is quite a shock. But I have to find something to keep some money coming in for a few more years at least. If you know of any good acute care jobs, preferably straight typing, please let me know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Typing IMEs. - Els (Views: 979, 2018-09-20, 6:35 pm)
    • Sounds like... - md (Views: 463, 2018-09-21, 7:46 am)
      • Re: Sounds like... - Els
        • Laugh - me (Views: 433, 2018-09-21, 11:01 am)
        • IMEs - carol (Views: 419, 2018-09-21, 11:12 am)