Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

IME report tips sm. - FlaMT

Posted: Sep 21st, 2018 - 9:07 am In Reply to: Sounds like... - md

Agree that IME reports are l-o-n-g and tedious! I've never had to make sure pages were in chronological order -- that must be an account/client preference (and time consuming, I'm sure). I've always just had to type them as dictated, but they are long and slow going no matter how you look at it.

As far as helpful tips, if you use an abbreviation expander, make as many normals/templates as you can for the repetitive sections or even just a few paragraphs or even just sentences since they often tend to repeat themselves in certain sections (i.e., PE, assessment, recommendations). I have expansions for all the headings they use as well and can just pop them in when needed. It might seem trivial to make an expander for 1 or 2 sentences, but every little bit helps. Take time to tweak your expansions to each dictator.

There's really not much else to do to speed up the process since these IME reports are notoriously lengthy except to implement your expansions as much as possible and hopefully it will help you in the long run. Good luck to you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Typing IMEs. - Els (Views: 979, 2018-09-20, 6:35 pm)
    • Sounds like... - md (Views: 463, 2018-09-21, 7:46 am)
      • IME report tips sm. - FlaMT
      • Re: Sounds like... - Els (Views: 574, 2018-09-21, 9:46 am)
        • Laugh - me (Views: 432, 2018-09-21, 11:01 am)
        • IMEs - carol (Views: 419, 2018-09-21, 11:12 am)