Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Typing IMEs. - Els

Posted: Sep 20th, 2018 - 6:35 pm

I just started a job typing IMEs and it's rough.  It seems like it's going to be very time consuming for a number of reasons.  The doctors tend to dictate slowly because they are shuffling through medical records.  I have to check names and dates that are dictated against the medical records, which are provided.  When the doctor reviews the medical records, I have to try to make sure they are in chronological order.  I just typed one with several pages of dictated records and a lot of them he didn't even give a date on, so it made it hard to know where to put something if I had to shuffle then around.  Is this typical for this type of work?  Does anyone do this work and enjoy it and make any money at it?  Do you have any tips to make it go faster?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)