Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

You should be prepared to defend yourself - sm

Posted: Aug 20th, 2018 - 1:26 pm In Reply to: Alpha HR - Alpha HR

after you're investigated by the DOL.

"You have posted inaccurate statement after inaccurate statement. You stated wage grade rates go into effect immediately. You were proven wrong." No, I said the MT's wage rate SHOULD go into effect immediately because THEIR rate has NOTHING to do with when the contract on which they're working renews.

"You stated the MT is paid based on the hospital location. Wrong." No, I said it SHOULD be and IS based on hospital location for other MTSOs as directed by the DOL.

"You state that you have to be a W2 employee. Wrong." No, I said an MT working on SCA-covered contracts cannot be an IC in the conventional sense because they have to be compensated as outlined by the SCA.

"Why did Alpha engage the DOL about lines per hour? Because we're the ones that filed the IG complaint relating to unfair standards. Alpha's standard is 40% lower than the approved level. Alpha could immediately lower our costs by 40% but we choose not to as we believe that is unfair." This is the first time you've addressed why you got the DOL involved. You still haven't answered the question. You are being vague about what your complaint was--only that it related to unfair standards. This tells us nothing. You know, Alpha HR, if all MTSOs (you included) had been in compliance with the SCA from the outset, you would not have these issues. What year did Alpha commence work on VA contracts? What year did Alpha begin to comply with compensation rules according to the SCA? Quit acting like a victim.

Also quit acting like a hero. "Alpha could immediately lower our costs by 40% but we choose not to as we believe that is unfair. We could simply hire individuals from low cost of area regions to increase our profits. We don't do that either as we do not believe that is fair. We have many MT's from high cost of living areas."

You are not going to intimidate me into refraining from discussing the FACTS of this matter. You have created this situation by being unclear with your MTs about how to calculate their pay. Maybe this lame attempt at intimidation works with your MTs because they depend on you for a paycheck. I don't (ooooooh, or DO I?). Now go try to cow someone else into complicit silence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)