Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I think it has to do with the updated "quality" - guidelines back in May

Posted: Jun 29th, 2018 - 7:16 am In Reply to: Wow - I was un-credentialed after one bad - report also. That had never

Of course I didn't read it because I never do.

What they (maybe intentionally?) don't seem to understand about errors is none of us ever realize we are making them. Ever. It's not like we do it on purpose (yeah, because we want to get our pay docked and get a nastygram from FIESA) and it's not like we "learn" anything from cringing at our mistakes.

This censure, especially monetarily, but also professionally, is especially malevolent in that every little dinky error you make does not ever take into account all the many corrections you made to same document, does not account for years of experience, and most importantly does not account for the fact we are human. The irony that they always have typos in the emails we get and they think that's okay, yet the slightest little transgression on our part is their right to take away our income and shame us, well, that's just icing on the cake for those sadists. And it's not for lack of trying, we all of us, that we fail to be perfect. It's just simply impossible.

If you want a computer to do the work, then get a computer to do the work. Oh wait, you did, and by the way you are way more forgiving of the computer than us human MTs. It's simply the final straw in this "profession." For them to expect perfection for less than minimum wage and to see the outright glee they get from catching us out.

I am going to be trained in QA in my next job, and I would never ever work QA for a company like Nuance where you backstab your coworkers in such a nasty fashion, docking their pay. It's simply depraved.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)