Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

It is worrying, right? In fact, I almost signed on - with a contractor part time

Posted: Jun 28th, 2018 - 1:50 pm In Reply to: Similar situation. sm - Hopes dashed.

Because I felt at least I didn't have that MUP thing hanging over my head there. But then I thought, well, that's what they want us to do, right? And if I did that I would not be able to get partial UE.

You are right, too, the fact that I am OOW so often is really the only reason I have been able to keep my line counts up - when I had to do an 8 hour day my lph was much lower. The luxury of not having to get 8 hours means simply stopping for an hour or two due to OOW or between jobs sometimes enables me to be much more focused when I do have work, and my line counts are good, just avoiding MUP most of the time. I was dreading returning back to 8 hours, but luckily (for this purpose anyway) that never happened, most of my accounts were contracted off, so I am OOW frequently and able to keep my line count up.

Being on partial UE has opened my eyes to what's out there in the real world. For me, not much. I am nearing retirement age and live in a rural area, and I realized that I really do not want to be a babysitter or a house cleaner - not that those aren't fine, but I think if I ever get released from Nuance (or more probably I will eventually just quit out of frustration) I am going to get an IC job with an Australian company.

I have done some work for an Australian company some years ago, and while it is straight typing (I am one of the weirdos who prefers editing), they actually have enough work for people when they offer them a job AND they give you goalposts for quality and higher pay that are not smoke and mirrors and not snatched away by a single error.

I figure if I'm going to be IC I might as well get work from a company that I respect, which is basically NOT any of the Nuance contractors. They sound awful, even worse than Nuance, except no FIESA - at least to dock your pay, but obviously that is because your pay is lowest of the low to begin with. I just could not - at least not until I try the Aussies first anyway.

Is it misconduct they claim to make you unable to get UE? That sounds wrong. Misconduct sounds like cheating, not being unable to meet unreasonable grid demands.

I definitely think the FIESA crackdown has something to do with the PTO payout to lower our rate, but maybe it's just because there is so little work they get to concentrate more on dinging us, I don't know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)