Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Right there with you. - sleepymt

Posted: Jun 18th, 2018 - 6:49 pm In Reply to: Please let me know if anyone else is experiencing this - MT

I'm in the same boat. Lower line count, lower pay, wasted time with no way to improve things. I keep hoping the managers will be able to do something, but it's the higher-ups that decided the silence accelerator was no longer needed. The only thing my managers tell me is "It's a company decision to benefit the client. It will not be coming back."

We used to see 2 jobs numbers at a time in Fluency. The first number was the one you were working on, the other number was the next job. It's also how stat reports worked. I don't know why they have stat reports now. We see one at a time. There is no holding a report and taking the stat first anymore. Stat reports are taken at the same speed as any other. I doubt the client know about any of this either.

I get dictators at home yelling to their children or playing with them all the time. The yelling is unnerving and disturbing. The airport, train, mass transit, family gathering, "private" situations, fire alarms and dog barking dictations are some of the worst.

One of my worst dictations was a guy who simply thought there was 1 transcriptionist working just for him and I was it on that day. I got him 3 times during my shift, all the same report, all stat. It wasn't coming through on his end in a timely fashion, which is something I have no control over. When I hit upload, that's it. Throughout the night, he would dictate the report again, furious, swearing, over-enunciating every word, telling the dictator (me) that I was stupid, he was having to stay past midnight to dictate this, that I had better do it right, that I had better dictate every word he was saying to have it on record my incompetence, etc. None of it was my fault and the managers even backed me up, but it stayed with me. I get him every now and then and I still feel nauseous.

I don't have the answers. All I can say it you're not alone. Maybe others will have managers who can do something but mine, as kind as she is, is unable to do anything to make this better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)