Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Same boat - but what to do...

Posted: Jun 16th, 2018 - 1:30 am In Reply to: Is it too much to ask that the doc be prepared to dictate? - sleepymt

What is the company line? I'm in the same boat as you. Have mentioned this also, but the focus quickly turns back to me and what I should do to increase my production. All I can do is crank up the speed to 2, and then adjust it back down - over and over again. I really miss having the voice file play right on through without all those long pauses.

One of the docs tonight was dictating, very cool, calm, and collected - everything going good. Then, way in the background I could hear someone screaming and getting closer. I realized it must be his kid, coming over to him. Then, this doc just lost it. He angrily yelled back at the top of his lungs, "Can't you give me 5 minutes, I'm dictating!!" and then he just dropped the phone down and walked away, yelling some more. OMG. I got all shook up because I didn't expect him to yell into my ear and I didn't want to hear him do anything to the kid. So, I cranked up the speed. Was so glad to get done with that report, but what I initially thought would return a decent line count turned out to be a letdown. I just wish he would have put the dictation on hold at his end...

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)