Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I think all they want is the money and they - do not care how they get it

Posted: Aug 5th, 2017 - 4:05 pm In Reply to: Here's part of the problem: They don't factor in expanders - SM

I think that's all these MTSOs think about. They overhire so their turn-around time looks good. They don't care whether YOU, the transcriptionist, runs out of work (and therefore earns no money) or not. They pay poverty wages because so far they've been able to get away with it. And that's not saying that the MT is at fault. We had a horrible recession (I call it a depression) that honestly is still going on. They used the "Great Recession" to keep cutting our pay until they got us to poverty levels. After all we'd still have SOME money coming in while they got all the rest. Now, I read that the reason wages have not gone up with the "good" unemployment rate in this country is that they are simply hiring those people (usually older and who were left behind in the aftermath of the recession by age discrimination) for the lowest wage they possibly can, which is usually minimum wage, because they are just so happy to have a little bit of income coming in and by now, probably also get social security and maybe a small pension. Everything worked in the MTSOs' favor and not in ours (or anybody else's) except for maybe the 20% that have college degrees that are in demand and make $125,000 apiece if they are lucky, and don't have to train Indians to take their jobs at a cheaper price who do the work in India. And that's the other thing: MTSOs, at least the two big ones, can always "contrive" a surplus of MTs because if too many of us quit, then they just send the work off to India, thereby keeping our wages at poverty level for as long as they'd like. Again, if we keep quitting, they just don't care. They've got all the cards and we can "eat cake."

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)