Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I work for Integrity - LongTimeMT

Posted: Apr 4th, 2017 - 2:36 pm In Reply to: Dear Integrity Transcription, - Just FYI:

While I agree that 7 cpl is not competitive, I've worked for Integrity for 3 years and it's a great, family-owned company.

They are running ads because they have a good reputation in the industry and are rapidly growing. Large accounts have been added in the last 6 months. Yes, I wish I was getting paid more than 7 cpl, but at least it's straight typing for clinic work (acute care account is higher), a flexible schedule, plenty of work, and a great working environment without heavy-handed QA or 'penalties'. I also love that communication is directly with the owners of the company. Imagine that!

Unfortunately, those awful offshore companies we are all familiar with (Integrity only hires domestic MTs) have undercut and cheapened MTs' worth so much that most smaller companies are competing with them, and facilities no longer want to pay a price where the MTs in turn can be paid 9 cpl.

Then, again, I was getting paid 9 cpl and 6 cpl at MM because of my experience and was miserable, which is why I left. Plus, with all their nonsense, even at that scale, there were some days I was barely making above minimum wage. The stressful working conditions were the last straw. At Integrity, I actually enjoy my work again.

Do I wish I was making the $55,000+ a year I was making between the 1980s and 2010? Of course, because we are worth it. It's despicable that these greedy offshore companies wanted a piece of the pie and did it by convincing facilities we're just 'typists' - Grrrrr....

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)