Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

it is true that the big 3 may not live forever - StillAnMT

Posted: Oct 7th, 2016 - 4:22 pm In Reply to: The big 3 will not live forever.... - mt

It may be true that 20 years from now the big 3 may not be there - but our beloved career of medical transcription will never look like it did in the past. Hospitals and even clinics and most individual physicians will never care about quality AND be willing to pay for it. They want us to put things into their EMR but not pay extra for that. They do not want to pay for spaces, but they want them in the report. They have had a taste of the "good life" in not paying for a transcription department, and it will be impossible for them to shell out their profits for "old-style" transcription.

the problem is not so much with the big 3 but with the mentality of health care providers that have allowed the existence of the big 3 to evolve.

I have had it with working for a service. I always felt like I did not give a good report this way - not having access to the chart, being constantly worried about line count. Does anybody struggle this year with knowing if the doctor is saying "2015" or 2016?" Or birthdates. Or even name spellings? I google patient names! If the name pops up on Facebook or something, I know I have probably spelled it correctly! What a joke. My next MT job is going to be in an office where transcription belongs. Enough of this MTSO way of doing it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)