Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

So they would call you back though - eventually, right?

Posted: Sep 17th, 2016 - 7:47 pm In Reply to: I don't bother with IT anymore - all smiles

Do you just not answer the phone?

It's so frustrating that when we have down time we need to wait around for someone to be available to help, then invariably they call just when you don't want them to. That's why I never call unless something goes so wrong I cannot work at all.

Really infuriating since IT probably get paid by the hour (or bill by the hour?) I imagine.

We get no pay for down time, regardless of whose fault it is, and on top of that have to wait around for help which eventually comes - usually in the form of condescending, ineffectual, invasive, and at times incredibly time consuming sessions whereby they try this, that, and the other thing.

When I had a Nuance computer that was one thing, but I really don't want them fiddling with my computer.

So when you "document" via call to IT do you actually specify they don't call you? Just wondering how you do this.

I usually do the email, but even with that they eventually call. Just interested in your process with this - call for documentation purposes, but what happens when they call you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)