Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

So here's my reply to MM - hope that HR rep - comes to this site and sees this

Posted: Jul 13th, 2016 - 1:42 pm In Reply to: From the frying pan into the fire or from - fire to frying pan?

I thank you for your time and consideration of me for this position with your company.

As my resume shows, I was previously employed with Nuance Transcription Services, a Medical Transcription Service Organization not unlike M*Modal. Do you realize what MTSOs have done for transcriptionists here in the United States? They have ruined a once proud and well-paying profession, and reduced us to minimum wage or very near by the constraints they require in this highly skilled position. It's as if they dare us to try to make a decent wage to live on, and many MTs have lost their homes, their relationships, their dignity because of it.

They nitpick every comma, a, and the when the real worries are ditzel, schmutz and grumus. How about Lhermitte sign or Uhthoff's phenomenon? Ever heard of them, do you even know how to pronounce them? Have a saccadic breakdown recently? Do you understand the proper usage of a semicolon and when it is appropriate to use it? Your MTSOs micromanage and expect us to work on our own time. One would have to sit at their desk 14 hours a day to make a portion of what we used to make, clocking in and out for every little tiny time consuming yet job-related thing, so by the end of the day our timesheet is a monumental mathematical problem.

If M*Modal is truly an "Employee Focused Company" they would listen to their employees and give them back what they have stolen - wages; pay them what they are worth for their high skills. I implore you to check out the social media websites for MTs and see for yourself exactly what your MTs think of M*Modal and Nuance. Educate yourself before you make these seemingly generous offers to experienced MTs in the future.

No, I am definitely not interested in learning more and would be ashamed to refer someone that I know. I have learned that MTSOs are all about greed and profit, raping and pillaging our wages falsely veiled under the guise of "patient safety." I have no desire to wait in long lines navigating the system of food pantries and other assorted alms for the poor while I stress away for 40 hours of migrant worker pay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)