Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Amen - MT

Posted: Jun 22nd, 2016 - 10:40 pm In Reply to: That's a good raise - sm

1 cent per line raise would be a godsend right now. I get that it isn't like the 14 to 16 cents per line we use to make... but even 1 cent per line equals a significant enough increase to celebrate. It's a start!! 3 cents and I might actually be in good shape again.

And I have not had a raise in 9 years at this company. It is hard not to find it aggravating that someone else is getting one! That said, I still feel like congratulating anyone who does. If true, fingers crossed it goes company wide in the US. What a miracle that would be. Anyway, I have not heard anything about a raise myself.

I remember the days when I was actually proud to be an employee of this company. High quality standards, benefits, and decent pay. We even had a magazine! Does anyone remember that?

Oh, to get back to that. I am now embarassed to say I work for MModal. It seems everyone in the medical field has heard about how cheap they are. I find myself on the defensive a lot.

Sad, because I miss those days. How easy would it be for the company to save its money on needless upgrades to Fluency (it works just fine), metrics reports, and the other money pits involved in trying to force quality out of low paid workers, and increase our wages so we attract skilled MTs and all are proud to work here again. It could happen by next week!

As it stands now, people look at you like you must have incredibly low self-esteem to be at this company for such low pay, knowing they are off-shoring and that they are treating their US MTs like unskilled laborers.

Too bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)