Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: IC worker.. (Views: 45)

How we can do this - Nick

Posted: Apr 13th, 2016 - 9:01 am In Reply to: Frustrated MT-Response to Nick - Maytime

I suppose I took the coward's way out and am going into law. However, the more practical way is for each and every MT to report each and every infraction to the proper agency. If you are an IC and are misclassified as an employee, report it to both the DOL and the IRS. If you are cheated on your wages, report it to the proper authorities in your state. Document and report. I know it is scary to report, but perhaps if these people know that they have to be accountable to someone, they will straighten up a bit. Not too long ago I was offered a part-time MT job, they specified the hours, etc. etc. and wanted to classify me as an IC. I said, oh, heck no. If you are going to classify me as an IC, I have certain freedoms. If you are going to dictate my every move, get me on your payroll and give me the bennies. Since I am for all intents and purposes out of MT, I finally told them no, but not before I read them the law about employee vs. IV. Do you know what the recruiter said to me? "The boss knows but he does not care." I think it's about d**n time that some of these people go to jail. They have gotten away with blatently trampling on MTs' rights because the MTs are afraid. Well, it's time to put on our big boy and big girl boots and go after them. Both the DOL and IRS are watching this industry carefully. Let's go after them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)