Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. (Views: 33)

Frustrated MT - Nick

Posted: Apr 11th, 2016 - 5:22 pm In Reply to: Softscript Low Work and Unemployment Question - Frustrated MT

This is absolutely NOT legal advice. I am not a member of the bar and cannot give legal advice. Please do not rely on this as legal advice; I would suggest if SS's behavior continues, to see a lawyer. However, I can speak to you as a "cyberfriend." I have another MT friend who recently went through this and he is now in bankruptcy court. What I would advise you to do is this: Get a cheap notebook at the dollar store. Make a page for each date. Note the times you are actually keyboarding and the times you are sitting idle. Note it to the minute, i.e. 3:17 p.m., ran out of work. 4:10, more work came in and am working; 5:05, ran out of work, etc. etc. I do not know what kind of sign-in, sign-out software you have. Are you an employee or an IC? If you are an IC you should not have to punch a time clock. At any rate, keep careful count of how many hours/minutes of actual work you get a day and of how many minutes you have to sit "waiting for work." Keep on your supervisor's (or whatever they are called at your place of employment)back all the time. Send her (or him) e-mails asking where the work is and asking why there is no work. When you have done this for a week or two, apply for PARTIAL unemployment. Do not voluntarily resign and do not ask for full unemployment at this time because they can counter your request for full UE with the fact that apparently you are having some work. Call (or even better, visit) your local DOL office. Take a photocopy of your records and leave with the DOL people. It sounds like your employer, like some others out there, might be ripe for a formal investigation. How long have you worked there? When did the work start to go away? Are you IC or employee? Remember: Document, document, document. Print out a hard copy of every memo that passes between you and your supervisor. Break a file for them. I say it's time for all MT's to fight back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)