Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Linda - Nick

Posted: Apr 14th, 2016 - 8:02 pm In Reply to: Nick - Class Action? - Linda

Unfortunately enough, it is extremely difficult to get a suit certified for class status. However, it is not impossible. I think the best way would go through the DOL and have them have the US Attorney bring it to class. I have worked on one class action (involving asbestos) and it was unbelievably complex. I would like to see the DOL partner with the IRS and look at things such as employee misclassification, address the issue of "waiting for work," etc. I know one woman who was getting up at 3 a.m. to get the paltry 200 lines that one of the docs on her account dictated then. She literally had to put in 12 hours to get her required 1000 lines. Someone once said (I think it was John Stuart Mill, but could be wrong) "The wheels of justice grind exceedingly slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine." Not to worry, once this porridge hits the fan (and it WILL), there is going to be h**l to pay. I believe that the time is quite short before karma hits a few folks right between the eyes. I have heard rumors that there is already a tax lien on one company which I will not identify because I do not know the particulars. Just know that people are being watched very carefully and that not every MT is afraid of their boss anymore. Some MTs have even kept written logs. Imagine what the DOL and IRS could do with that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)