Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

how long have you been gone? - anon

Posted: Apr 3rd, 2016 - 7:03 pm In Reply to: Returning to the MT world - Maddison

Were you in a per-hour position? Right now I would NEVER advise someone who had to support a family to work for an MTSO - NEVER NEVER NEVER. This type of job is just too iffy. You may run out of work. Your pay will vary depending on the types of dictators you have. If you are learning a new account you will make less. If you have never done Voice Recognition, you will have a learning curve and those lines pay a lot less. Some people do make a decent wage, but I think they are in the minority. Many make near minimum wage -- and there is no way to tell ahead of time! If that is ok with you, then go for it. The smart thing would be to figure out how many hours you would have to work, at your state's minimum wage, in order to support your family and pay the bills every month. If it's near 40 or over 40 hr/wk, then you need to look elsewhere or have a second job lined up. I make anywhere from min wage to $11/hr at my MTSO, which I consider very poor pay for 30 yr experience and good work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)