Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Your argument doesn't wash. The simple truth is, if any company - wants to hire someone for set hours

Posted: Apr 2nd, 2016 - 3:24 pm In Reply to: First off, that term has been used for years.... - Newbie perhaps?

then hire employees. Not ICs. There are plenty of successful companies who hire "real" ICs and get the work done within TAT with happy customers. I know because I work for one. The only people who think that the MT business can only be run on a schedule are out of touch and reasonably new to the industry. 30 years ago I didn't know of any fellow MTs who had to clock in and out on a set schedule. This new phenomenon only came about with the offshoring companies who didn't know any better. Dictation doesn't come in on a set schedule, it makes no sense for MTs to work like that. Why do you think one of the major complaints of MTs working at one of these is NJA one day and then mandatory OT the next?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)