Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Umm are you an MT? Cuz last I checked my - paycheck was not much above minimum

Posted: Mar 28th, 2016 - 5:44 pm In Reply to: You missed the point - LDSMT

I agree originally minimum wage jobs were intended as first jobs, unskilled jobs, but are you really saying our job does not require any special skills?

How are we supposed to better ourselves in our highly skilled, and many of us very experienced, jobs?

Working remotely means many of us live remotely as well, living in areas of poor economy or very rural. As low as MT pays I could not get a better job in the "real world" either.

I have a great work ethic and I work hard, but I can't say it pays in this field anymore no matter what you do, but our low wages are not our fault.

I have to think there are other fields where this applies as well. Social workers and teachers do not make very much, and I have seen jobs offered in the local paper which seem like they should be for social workers, but instead only require an associates' degree and are very low pay, $11-12/hour. Even pilots are not paid very well anymore.

It's a matter of the number one priority of corporations being profits for shareholders. The value of employees becomes the least you can get away with so you get more profits and please the shareholders and presumably earn bonuses for yourself. Conversely, CEO salaries have gone way up, they don't seem to mind taking that away from the profits at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)