Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

You're confused. There is a reason the IRS and DOL has guidelines for the DIFFERENCE - between ICs and employees

Posted: Mar 8th, 2016 - 9:15 pm In Reply to: In all fairness... - SM

I work for a "true" IC company. We have no problem with meeting TAT because we have a flexible schedule, love the company, know our responsibilities and understand the simple idea of TAT. That is not the same as a strict schedule (which by the way does not work in the real MT world, which is why you have MTs subjected to no work and then mandatory OT). The ebb and flow of transcription was never done with a clock-in/clock-out schedule. That is, until the greedy middlemen and offshore companies came in wanting to take a piece of pie with no clue how the hospital industry works. It should be flexible because the workload varies.

I've been in the business since 1983, so 30+ years, and started as an employee on-site with benefits, vacation time, insurance, etc AND a flexible schedule (minimum lines a week). I was there for 20 years and it worked just fine. What happened to change it? Under-bidding by offshore nationals who changed the industry and sadly newer MTs think this is "normal". It's not.

If a company wants a strict schedule, then they hire employees, not ICs. Otherwise, they can (and should) be reported and fined by the Department of Labor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)