Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

TTS good/bad/ugly - Sancho Panza

Posted: Mar 7th, 2016 - 9:11 pm In Reply to: TTS in New Hampshire, nothing new. I need the good, bad and the ugly. NM - Still looking

The only thing you are paid for is typing. Anything administrative, such as e-mails and even software updates, is on your own time.

Because of holidays, I was basically on half-time from the November through January. If there is low work you are expected to come back and check for an e-mail. I was told I could ask for the shift lead to call when there was work but I only got 1 call, and that was for 2 reports which were already finished by the time I got logged in. I don't know how many holidays I sat in front of the computer playing solitaire and checking for e-mail, for free. I did get calls off-shift or on days off to log in and help.

Between very picky and inconsistent QA and production, they are on your butt constantly. One group says slow down and transcribe for accuracy, another says hurry hurry hurry. Between some incredibly crappy dictators and complicated specialities, I don't think 2 weeks passed by when I wasn't on notice for one or the other. The final straw was a 3-point critical error for a typo (pt was 83, transcribed 86). Of course this was an error, but it did not impact the patient's care in any significant (or insignificant) way. It is a genuine relief to be done with them.

Their pay sucks, of course. I'm sure I signed a nondisclosure statement. However, no one can keep you from e-mailing and requesting the information.

On a positive note, they did not dock for blanks, they paid on time, and have pretty decent PTO, holiday, and sick time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)