Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Union - Teresa

Posted: Mar 4th, 2016 - 5:23 am In Reply to: Wonder if being in a union would have helped us. - vh

I read the article Nick mentioned and posts that followed. I am living the same nightmare and tried to find some like-minded people on this board but have failed horribly.

I don't know if union is the answer. I don't have any answers, but my reality is the same, trickle down of work, no explanation, cut hours, and finally let go. The reason finally coming out (and who knows what to believe) that the hospital was requiring docs to do their own Dragon editing. I am almost afraid to say look what happened to the big 3 for fear of the backlash, but I am going to say it. While they might have unionized themselves right out of great paying jobs and been bailed out, look at what those jobs are now worth. What used to get you $26 an hour now gets you what maybe $15-16? Less? I don't know for sure. I do know that this is the reality of those people who were able to ride the storm out. They make far less money. Whether that is right or wrong, doesn't matter to me. All I see is people struggling who once did not struggle. I'm not looking for tons of money. I just want what is fair and what I have been educated for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)