Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

In my Humble Opinion, this is what I find SO outrageous - Boston_MT

Posted: Mar 3rd, 2016 - 3:26 pm In Reply to: A very interesting legal article about MT - Nick

This article states three very interesting points which add to the outrageous nature of this MT Industry:
1. "The deal 'saved the hospital 2 cents per line.'
2. ... "they followed a different set of standards" ... (shocking??)
3. "The trial focused on the 'egregiousness of the defendant’s wrongs,' ... For jurors to award $140 million, “the conduct of the defendant must be as bad as you can imagine — or worse.”
For myself, I am a working full-time MT with over 20 years MT experience — and I can simply state that indeed, it is as bad as you can imagine. This is the Sad Reality.
Often I try to explain to my family and friends about MT work, several have even expressed how they are envious of me being able to work from home and they wondered if I could "teach" them how to do this sort of work so they could also enjoy the "perks" of working at home.
However, when I share the Sad Reality of the MT industry with my family and friends, they either think I am making it up, or they just cannot believe it is actually true. After all on multiple occasions over the years my family has watched me typing my fingers away and they truly believe somehow that MTs "have it made" to be able to work at home. Guess again.
On the positive side — I plan to ride the wave as long as I can, since I am not getting any younger and I have no interest to return to working in Corporate America at the office from 9 to 5 (which I did previously for many years).
Yes, I openly admit that I enjoy working at work. However, considering the outrageous nature of the MT industry, I have made a decision to remain in this occupation. Considering the alternative (for me). I will just ride the wave, as long as the direct deposits keep rolling in.
Sad Reality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)