Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Boston MT - Surfer Girl

Posted: Mar 3rd, 2016 - 4:26 pm In Reply to: In my Humble Opinion, this is what I find SO outrageous - Boston_MT

I am in the same place you are. I am older, have done the corporate gig (didn't like it--fighting freeways in California is a mess), have been in the MT world since 1990. I had planned to "ride the wave," too, but something very strange is happening. The medium sized company I work for suddenly has very little work. I might sit here all day and get 300 lines. I am a FT employee, not an IC. Even though our employee handbook says we can speak with management anytime we want to, they will not return calls or even e-mails. I am the sole support of my family, and what burns me is not knowing what is going on. Of course, when you don't know what is going on, then your mind thinks of the worst things. I really don't want to go back to having to fight the freeways to get to work, etc. But how can I get management to communicate? My brother says it sounds like the company is in trouble and I should start hunting for another job outside of MT, but I say not necessarily. Not sure what to do! Voice messages are not returned, nor are e-mails. Since I work at home, I do not know anybody else who works there. Advice?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)