Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Yes, you can do it... - MT

Posted: Mar 4th, 2016 - 1:26 am In Reply to: ICs making 7 cpl; enough to live on? - and have to take taxes out of that?

Yes, it can be done. The problem with this board is that there are people who have only worked for MTSOs or hospital accounts, and those are the opinions you get. I have been doing MT for 15 years, gone through various accounts/facilities/MTSOs/my own accounts, etc... and I have NEVER made less than $20 an hour...even at 0.06 per line because I will only work for doctors who talk with their mouths open and enunciate clearly. Hospital and clinic dictation is not the only transcription work out there. You CANNOT base the idea that 7 cpl is a bad rate until you have listened to the dictations. I have had many doctors where I never have to take my foot off my pedal they are so good. It might not be the "norm," but there are many people out there who secure their own accounts and do great with 7 cpl. Don't turn it down until you have at least tried it. You might be very surprised.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)