Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I do - StillAnMT

Posted: Mar 2nd, 2016 - 3:05 pm In Reply to: ICs making 7 cpl; enough to live on? - and have to take taxes out of that?

I made that and more last year and for the last few years as a subcontractor to a transcription service. But the only reason why is because I make my own templates (or shells), make lots of macros (such as very quickly capturing and saving first name, last name, date of service, so I can then make ANOTHER macro to call all that up for a page 2 heading). I use Shorthand to the nth degree. I bought and implemented a lot of suggestions in Saving Keystrokes. In other words, I have trained myself to type faster and faster and faster and yet maintain accuracy. I bought a good sound card so I can hear the best. It takes time and money to make money, but it can be done. I also do not waste money by repairing my own equipment as much as I am capable (removing, cleaning and lubricating keyboard keys, for example). Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)