Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Change back - Looking at both sides

Posted: Feb 11th, 2016 - 8:51 pm In Reply to: Surely, cutting out the middle man will free up funds for a change-back. - sm

Sounds good, but that's a huge expense and unless the MTs that they hire are willing to work for what the MTs at the service get paid, it's not going to happen. I get the feeling you want wages back where they were in the good old days. Unfortunately, we've been under cut and there's no going back. Then there is the cost of benefits and training newbies which is probably all they would get at this point. In house transcription was not perfect. I look back at the sloppy work (not all but some) and the time wasting that occurred on site, I understand management's side of things. It wasn't done arbitrarily in most cases, they crunched numbers before letting MT go. In many situations, the in-place EMR is Epic or another system where much of the information is templated. On site, now really all that would be needed would be a few editors and maybe a QA person. No one will be going back to paper charts or straight transcription, that ship has sailed. There are a few docs who are unhappy (basing this on where I work) but the new ones coming along like the new technology. Also, the docs don't make those decisions, it's administration. If they are shown how much money is being saved, trust me they're on board. It's not as simple as you think, and it is not a win-win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)