Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Reply - Keep dreaming

Posted: Feb 10th, 2016 - 9:59 pm In Reply to: MT COMING BACK, THINGS CHANGING - K Hughes

Your doctor said he wanted the in-house staff to come back but that does not mean it is going to happen. I do QA for a facility that outsources, we have no on site transcription anymore. Money talks and to bring it all back, re-hire, choose a new platform and train people, purchase equipment, pay the salaries people would expect plus benefits, hire a manager, well, it's pricey and they won't save money. You must not realize how expensive it is to pay salaries and benefits and keep the lights on. The EMR is not going away - to replace it with what? Paper charts? We all think we did a better job, but I worked with a lot of MTs over the years in-house who produced crap work and didn't care. I never "took care" of my docs or "had their back," I did my best work but that was what I was paid to do. Ultimately, the providers are responsible for their documentation, not the MTs and they don't need anyone to take care of them. Most of the people I worked with moved on to other things anyway and convincing them to come back with the reassurance that it won't happen again probably won't happen, My advice to you is to stop hoping things will change. We'll all be retired or in our graves before transcription comes back on site.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)