Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Their version is the schedule, as is any company who - sm

Posted: Jan 28th, 2016 - 8:37 am In Reply to: What is TTS' version of IC? - nm

tells the IC when to report to work, i.e., schedule. That's basically the only reason it would be considered employee instead of IC. Since I am not considered an employee, they skated on paying their employer-half of Social Security and Medicare which, in my case, was $1200. So not only am I paying my half of SS/M, I pay theirs; which I would expect if I was a true IC and not tied down to a schedule. However, as I told my tax lady, I have no problem with a schedule because I know I will have work and someone who feels like working at any time of day, at least theoretically, will not cut me out. One nice thing about TTS is it is not dog-eat-dog, at least on my account; we have plenty to go around. As far as retaliation, if I filed the SS-8 and they started giving me all the worst dictators or I started getting NJA all the time or even locked out, then all I could do would be report it to the Dept. of Labor and they may or may not do anything about it. Since DOL would not do anything about the overtime situation a few years back with another company where I was an employee because, at least in my state, payment by production/line is considered piecemeal work and they would only get involved if I made less than minimum wage, which fortunately never happened, I would expect no help from the DOL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)