Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

NY's resolution - working poor - Nick

Posted: Dec 25th, 2015 - 2:09 pm In Reply to: NY's resolution - working poor

I just want to give you a word of encouragement. If you want to become a teacher, I am betting you will make it! Transitioning from MT to another career can be done. I'm a bit older than the average newbie in the legal field. I borrowed a lot of money, and am plodding along. I still transcribe part time as I can for supplementary money. I am truly grateful that I do not have to depend on it as a full-time source of income, as I did for many years. I have this fantasy of one day being a pit bull attorney and taking some (notice I said SOME, not ALL) of these companies to the mat for their dishonest business practices. I understand that we are all in business to make money, and I am not anticapitalism. I get paid by the hour for drafting legal briefs and such; I don't work for free and I don't think anybody else should, either. I also think that what has been done to exploit the American transcriptionist is criminal, if not by actual statute, at least by business ethics (or a lack of them). And I by no means have a crystal ball, but I predict that all of this offshoring to save money stuff is going to come back and bite more than one company in the whatchahoozie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)