Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: IC worker.. (Views: 31)

I agree with aw, but...sm - Sam

Posted: Oct 18th, 2015 - 10:48 pm In Reply to: IC billing - aw

I had the same situation a while back and lost the work when I refused to give them a lower price on templates. These were nuclear study templates, and there were a LOT of blanks/editing to be done, not just one or two. My reasoning is that the template may help the doctor, but it does not help me produce the report any faster, in fact just the opposite. I have done dictated nuclear myocardial perfusion studies in the past and can knock them out very rapidly with my text expander and macros, etc., especially being that they are very technical and less narrative. So, I did not feel I should be paid less for them because the doctor chose to use a template. My work time was not shortened but probably lengthened. Like I said, though, I lost the work to someone who would give them a lower rate. I would not do it any differently, though, because I do not like to quit on my clients once I agree to do their work, and this is an office that was referred to me by another client. I try to make sure I am getting a fair rate from the start. It is very difficult situation when one is in bad need of work. Good luck whatever you decide.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)