Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Independent Contractor question about billing - newbie as independent contractor

Posted: Oct 17th, 2015 - 7:35 pm

Thanks to all who have so far commented on my previous post regarding IC pay rate.   I have always felt that I should bill and receive pay for the finished product and not how I produce that finished product.   For instance, if I use templates or macros, I am billing for every character that appears on the document.  Also, I have heard that they want me to keep on file all the previous reports and use those on the next visit, where dr dictates, "please use my previous report from 05/25/2014 for instance.  Then proceeds to dictate additions and changes, etc.  Thus wanting to only be billed for current dictation but receive a completely updated document.   I feel that they should pay for the new document including every character that is in the document even if it was already billed on previous document.  Make Sense?   :-)  Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. thank you

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)