Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Pathetic - BeenThereMT

Posted: Oct 18th, 2015 - 1:15 pm In Reply to: Scribes in real time - Anon

You definitely ran into scribes who were under qualified. This goes to show that medical facilities do not particularly care who does some of the work, as long as a person gets the job done -- even if it does not get done well.

So, when this scribe asked you how to spell a med, did you tell her to figure it out?

At my recent PCP yearly visit, I requested a printout of my visit. Both the RN and the doctor inputted the data. Misspelled words everywhere. The previous year, I requested corrections to a couple of items that were incorrect.

I absolutely will not allow a scribe in the office while having an exam. I know that we MTs/MEs are privy to confidential information about patients, but we're not intruding on their privacy during an exam. I also believe that most of us have taken a HIPAA course and signed contracts regarding HIPAA regulations and confidentiality rules.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)