Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

I think it goes back for years when nobody could pass without experience - My Guess

Posted: Oct 6th, 2015 - 8:32 pm In Reply to: I know Andrews teaches at the CCS level, - just not sure why AHIMA

Years ago the pass rate was worse than it is now for the CCS, if you can believe that. It's awful enough now. Back then they got tired of all of the people failing and told us all that you had to have 2 years of experience before you could take the CCS exam. They decided that nobody could pass without experience. That didn't help either, because people with experience were still failing it. The answer wasn't experience, it was better education, but that never happened. Education also hasn't improved for the RHIT or RHIA as far as coding as far as I can tell. It's just that old ideas stick around even when they don't make sense any longer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)