Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Imedx employee to IC status now, no choice - Post

Posted: Aug 15th, 2015 - 10:29 pm

So I feel I was forced to go Independent Contractor and lose the employee status. I first enjoyed the filing fee at the County just to get a business name. I also did not like the advertising a bunch of time in the paper, routine stuff. I then disliked my city dinging me for yearly doing business as. Have to barf up a bunch of money in the beginning.

When I got my first check, no taxes out, great! Yes, dat the cash I like. But, I just learned from the IRS that if I do not send quarter payments in of estimated taxes for next year, they will punish me. The gall, actually asking me to pay taxes now. I can handle a $12,000 estimated tax bill next April, no prob! I got control, I can handle money well.

I got to write off a bit of a room and some miscellaneous stuff, office items, etc., but boy that did not do jack to help reduce my "profit."

I now get these forms from the IRS and I know nothing of what to do. I do not have employees, but they force me to file periodically with the IRS special forms of all types.

Also, when I tried to be my own boss and make my own schedule, I lost work to another contractor, or in many cases I assume an Imedx employee.

They have a lot of rules, and at other MTSOs too, and I dont feel like IC anymore.

I cannot believe that all of us must do this by the end of August or something like that I think.

Oh, did I say my work load and accounts are still the same, they suck, and also horrible docs like before? BUT, I am willing to do anything, and I mean ANYTHING to keep the $100 a month coming in. I am their slave. I can do nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)