Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Confused - nm

Posted: Aug 17th, 2015 - 5:40 pm In Reply to: THAT is not true. - ICs CAN collect unemp

Given that work keeps drying up, the longer anyone waits to file for unemployment, the less money they will receive. This is based on several posts here about decrease in work, decrease in wages. Applying now makes more sense than applying in December if this trend continues, because you say it is based on the last 12 months of unemployment. I do not see why one can not call unemployment today and say, I am a full-time employee but the work load is so low, there is not enough work for me to barely even make minimum wage. I was making xxx amount a few months ago. Am I eligible for partial unemployment? The worst answer is no you are not eligible. Then, ask, well my company also wants to make me an IC because of what I just said, ie, low work. Throw in the company has already laid off people. All true statements. If you are saying go ahead and make us all IC and we will be IC and STILL get unemployment-then go for it!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)