A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

unsure of whole sentence with medication dosages. help please - unsure

Posted: Mar 25, 2010

A prescription of OxyContin 10 mg 1 p.o. q.12h. X #14 and Percocet 10/325 1-2 p.o. q.4-6 hours #40 was prescribed to the patient.

TIA.

Looks right to me...sm - brrrr

[ In Reply To ..]
what are you unsure of??? :)

there were a few things... - unsure

[ In Reply To ..]
the X sign the # sign and the the hyphen in between etc...I have not had to type medications, and so it was new to me. Thanks so much for your help.

Only to you it looks right.... - ?

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

For one, they should standardize the q.12h. and q.4-6 hours to q.12 h. and q.4-6 h. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

they did in the BOS, page 146 : q.4 h. quaque 4 hora every 4 hours - NO SLAVE HERE, brrrrr

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

to above post: I am not "brrr", but I am shivering "brrrr" looking at her postin - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Sentence...sm - brrrr

[ In Reply To ..]
The things I would do a little different is, like NM mentioned, put some spaces as --- q. 12 h. instead of q.12h. and use a small x instead of capital X. I think that's the correct way and I believe the reasoning (just my opinion of course) is that the abbreviations stand for words and you would put spaces between the words. For example, q.12h. stands for every 12 hours and that's how you'd type it, not every12hours. But, I could be wrong about that too. Just my input. And the # sign is fine. :)

Shouldn't it be q.12 h.? - a space behind the number

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

sm... - brrrr

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not really sure. You could probably put a space but I don't want to step on any BOS fan's toes. The company I work for wants no spaces at all, so it's really anyone's guess unless you're a slave to BOS. ;)

No. No spaces - q.12h.

[ In Reply To ..]
people should not give the WRONG answer! - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
BOS 1

q.4 h. quaque 4 hora every 4 hours
q.h.

yes, you are wrong, again, your version q. 12 h. - what?

[ In Reply To ..]
is even worse than her q.12h, because the right version is

q.12 h.

What are you blabbering about?

There are strict rules, especially about this formatting, each space is distinctly decided upon.

There is no discussing and arguing, I think, I think, I don't know, I believe...????

Why don't you look it up yourself when you are not sure about things, BEFORE replying.

brrr:I think, I believe, I am not sure, just my opinion, etc..... - wrong answers

[ In Reply To ..]
does not cut it on the Word Help Board when MTs are waiting urgently for the CORRECT answer, so, brrrrrrr, if you do not know the answer or give an incorrect answer, FORGET IT.

q.12h. should be q.12 h, the X should be x, for "times" something's missing - errors

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Unsure Of Sentence
Jan 19, 2010

unsure of punctuation and also the last sentence. I typed all as dictated, but think there should be a comma after femur, and no fractures noted as a separate sentence. Any ideas? tia.   X-rays of the pelvis and hip show some degenerative changes in the right hip greater than the left with narrowing of the joint space and osteophyte formation around the head of the femur.  The greater trochanter and intertrochanteric area no fractures are noted.   ...

Unsure Of The Sentence.
Apr 07, 2010

There is some weakness and tenderness in the supraspinatus portion of the rotator cuff.  She also has s/l with some___ inferior traction a catching sensation over the inferior aspect of her shoulder the glenohumeral joint.  She also gets this too from a neutral to an abducted position of the shoulder.   the s/l sounds like with some and the rest of the sentence doesn't seem to fit correctly. Something seems to be missing even though I typed exaclty what the doctor said. tia ...

Medication Dosages
Mar 08, 2013

Is an MT expected to look up and confirm all medication dosages in a report, even when dictated clearly? ...

Anyone Know Of A Decent Medication Website For Normal Dosages?
Apr 25, 2011

My Quick Look Drug program has gone caput and I need to order a new one.  :(  Anyone know of a decent drug website until I can get that ordered??? ...

Unsure Of Medication Name And How To...
Mar 03, 2010

type the way it is dictated.   The doctor states the patient will receive a gram of s/l incif preoperatively. tia.   unsure if I would type it as A GRAM of ____ . TIA. ...

Would You Capitalize Restess Leg Syndrome In A Sentence, If It Does Not Start The Sentence?
Nov 20, 2009

nm ...

Med Dosages
May 22, 2010

Seroquel 350 mg at bedtime.  Magnesium 30 mL every 12 hours as needed for heartburn. Does Seroquel come in a 350 mg dose? Does magnesium come in mL and used for heartburn? These are said pretty clearly, but I've never heard of them. ...

Different Dosages?
Dec 13, 2010

In the course of this dictation, the dosage of Mobic has been given in two different ways.  In the med list, it is listed as Mobic 15 mg daily, and in the impression/plan, it is dictated as 7.5 mg b.i.d.  Does this need to be flagged or is it okay to leave it like this since the mg come out to be the same for the day? ...

Thoughts About Our Responsibility For Dosages
Dec 30, 2011

This item was, at some point in time, added to our company standards/specification guidelines regarding dosages. I would like to know if other companies have this same policy, and other MTs thoughts on it.  This decision must have been made by an attorney, I don't know, but I question its validity, especially on a verbatim account.    MEDICATIONS: Always verify the correct spelling of medications, including the brand versus generic designation, dosa ...

Combining Drug Dosages
Jun 19, 2013

When typing combined drug doses like hydrochlorothiazide 25/12.5 is it appropriate to use a hyphen or a slash?? I'm finding it both ways. ...

100 Most Popular Medications And Dosages
Jul 13, 2013

Does anyone know where I could find a list of the top 100 medications prescribed and their dosages?  Maybe one of you have such a list.  Hopeful! ...

A Site Grouped By Dosages Of Meds?
May 07, 2013

So many of these docs, I can hear the dosage clearly, but some completely slaughter the name of the med and others slur through it.  Is there a site I may be able to list the dosage and search that way?  I haven't found anything like this.  Thanks! ...

Doctors Who Abbreviate Drug Dosages
Jun 18, 2015

I have noticed a disturbing trend with the doctors I transcribe for.  They will dictate medications in a dangerous way.  For example Nexium 40 rather than Nexium 40 mg.  They are seldom dictating mg, mcg, etc.  I find this dangerous and wonder if it is laziness on their part or apathy or something else.  Not to mention that it falls on the MT to "help them out" so to speak which takes time.  I just find it frustrating.  Thanks for listening. ...

Unsure Of Which Course To Take...
Sep 27, 2011

I am very interested in taking the classes for coding and billing.  Has anyone taken the inpatient and outpatient classes that Career Step offers?  If so, can you share any pros or cons about the program.  I am also considering another online coding and billing course through Gatlin University, but I am not sure if they offer both inpatient and outpatient coding.  Has anyone taken that program and can you share your pros and cons here too. Thank you :) ...

I Am Unsure About Looking For A New Job
Jun 04, 2012

I want to work outside my home, get an hourly clinic job, but I have worked at MQ/MM for so long now in my house...I am nervous about going back into an office setting.  I'm so comfortable here with my heating pad, getting up when I want to, not dressing up.  Do you have any encouragement for me?  I want to earn more money, because this is pitiful.  It just kind of scares me.  ...

Unsure Of This - Hemocele
Oct 28, 2009

There is no family history of any kind of clotting disorders, bleeding disorders, s/l "hemo celia", anemia, s/l thala cemere", or any other hematological disorders or malignancies.    I don't know if hemocele is right s/l "hemocelia" and I don't know and can't find if it is standalone or hemocele anemia???   any help much appreciated! ...

Unsure Where To Pause
Nov 09, 2009

I am usure as to where one thought ends and the next begins as in the part of plantar flexion in the toe at teh extremes....something just does not seem like I have the sentences correct. Any idea what I am doing wrong? tia.   Evaluation of the foot does show dorsomedial bony prominence that is tender to palpation.  There is also pain with passive dorsiflexion and plantar flexion in the toe at the extremes.  She is stiff as compared to the contralateral side.  ...

Unsure How To Type This Lab
Nov 13, 2009

Laboratory studies ordered today include Chem 10, PTH 125 25, and urine calcium/creatinine.   is this right for chem 10 and unsure of the PTH 125 25 - how to type.  thanks! ...

Unsure Of Diagnosis
May 03, 2010

I cannot make sense of this diagnosis. This is exactly what the doctor says. Any help would be appreciated. TIA. The word with may also be incorrect.   EXOSTOSIS MEDIAL MALLEOLUS WITH TALUS AFTER ANKLE REPLACEMENT ...

Unsure Of What Is The Difference
Sep 29, 2011

What would be the difference in being a coder in a  physician's clinic, insurance company, mental health facility or home health facility. Which setting would provide the most interesting work, the easiest, the least time-consuming? ...

Meds -unsure
Jul 28, 2013

I have a doctor that says his meds rather quickly, without pause.... He says this frequently and I truly do not know if it is 2 meds or one.... we have to separate our medications into numerical order.  "Glucose and glucagon prn sliding scale insulin"  Any help greatly appreciated.  ...

Unsure If NEGRAM Or Any GRAM
Feb 23, 2010

doc states: pt reports photosensitivity when taking s/l NEGRAM or any GRAM. not sure if she is saying NEGRAM or any GRAM.     ...

Unsure Where To Post, But What Would You Charge Sm
Jun 28, 2010

per audio hour of dictation?  A company wants me to quote this fee to them and I have never calculated this as I usually charge by line or page, etc.  Thanks for any and all advice!  ...

Unsure Of Anterior Synovectomy
Jun 24, 2010

The patient is now 1 week postoperative arthroscopy and debridement of the right knee.  Findings revealed a medial plica, chondromalacia patella, trochlear notch of the femur, and an anterior synovectomy.  All of these were débrided.   I am unsure this is correct even though it is said clearly. This is a procedure not a finding and that is why I am very unsure. TIA. ...

Unsure Of What To Do Next...needing Kind Advice.
Apr 18, 2012

Hi.  I wanted to post this here because I need to get some feedback to my situation. I have been an MT over 20 years.  About 2 years ago, I went through a divorce and became self-supporting.  It took me until now to get a full-time job editing where I have enough work to keep me without NJA.  The last 1-1/2 years I saw such poverty, I lost my car, my home and got lots of help from Salvation Army while working 2 MT jobs which barely kept me alive.  I worked for on ...

Sentence Help ..
Nov 12, 2009

He was placed on levodopa therapy. With this, both him and his wife noticed his gait improved as well as the tremor. He has actually run out of this over the last 4 or 5 days and it may be a little bit of worsening.    That is typed as dictated, I am stumped as to cleaning it up. Also.. 'both him and his wife' does not sound right to me? or is it right. ...

Does This Sentence Look Right?
Nov 13, 2009

There is no weakness, overt numbness, loss of balance, loss of bowel or bladder, speech difficulties, visual difficulties, or lateralizing weakness. ...

Help With Sentence?
Nov 18, 2009

The next step is to obtain a CPK previous and then 1 after exercise.   Would you change 'previous' to before? ...

Help With A Sentence...do I Have It Right?
Feb 12, 2010

Here's what I hear...Evaluation for elective thymectomy in displacement with myasthenia gravis.  Not sure if it sounds like "in" or "and".  Which is correct?  Thanks for any help! ...

Help With Sentence
Mar 02, 2010

He had multiple facial fractures including bilateral  number three fracture, ligament injury in C7-T1, left hand fracture, T9 compression fractures, multiple rib fractures, right clavicular fracture, and left second metacarpal fracture.  Does this make any sense?  I have no idea what a number three fracture is, but he says it pretty clearly. ...