A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

two drain tubes put into thoracic cavity after removal of teratoma - mjathome

Posted: Mar 01, 2011

I have a foreign doctor who descibes two chest tubes put in, one with the tip showing under the left, the right thoracic cavity (s/l) sustaining its own. Anyone have an idea?

Two drain tubes - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
teratoma is correct - it is a germ cell tumor.

Similar Messages:

Drain Tubes?
Dec 03, 2010

I'm typing an operative report...the doctor recorder is playing VERY fast and I'm trying to decipher what she's saying. 'Two mediastinal drain tubes were brought in from the subxiphoid region, the tip of the left side directly under the thoracic cavity' ...

Exam Reveals Thoracic Kyphosis. There Is Painful Hardware At The Mid Thoracic Region
Apr 09, 2013

His ______ angle (s/l ben-angle) is decreased.  Thanks for any help.   ...

Ear Tubes - Dictator States What S/l "tiny Tot" Tubes
Apr 20, 2012

Patient is in to have ear tubes placed. Dictator states what s/l "tiny tot" tubes. ...

Teratoma, Cancer????
Jun 11, 2013

Are teratomas considered cancer.  I have a report where the patient has testicular cancer and the doctor is talking about teratomas, I think :)  Thanks. ...

Can You See Cholelithiasis On A Thoracic CT Scan? Nm
Jul 07, 2011

nm ...

Help!! Thoracic Pedicle Screw
Sep 14, 2011

Oriental neurosurgeon, really butchering this report, says this screw about 100 times, sure s/l 4.0 x 30-mm Lexi screw.  Can't find. Please please help!!!! TIA ...

Listing The Thoracic Vertebrae
Mar 11, 2015

How are the thoracic vertebrae listed if dictated individually, i.e.  T 8, 9, 10 and 11, or T8, T9, T10 and T11?  In other words, should the "T" be added before each numeral?  Thanks. ...

Going Down The Tubes
Jul 25, 2010

Let's face it, this is not the business to be in anymore. ...

Metrics Tubes?
Nov 05, 2009

Can't find reference to "s/l metrics tubes" used in microdiskectomy and bilateral decompression.  ...

Chest Tubes
Dec 10, 2009

The right thoracic cavity   ???  a separate chest tube.  (was made, sustained -- any ideas for wording that might work? ...

S/l Sick Tubes
Mar 18, 2013

Doctor doing a tubal reversal and says s/l clearly these are some "sick tubes" with periadnexal adhesions. ...

The MT Profession Has Really Gone Down The Tubes
Oct 30, 2013

The MT profession has really gone down the tubes.  I have no desire to do this anymore and that's why I've been training for other things.  These Quality Control people have nit picked to the point I just cannot stand it anymore (forgetting "the" or taking out "the") and the other extremely petty crap that they ding for (and it has no bearing on patient care whatsoever).  Who wants to work like this anymore (and for the rotten pay on top of that to boot)?  It never used to be like ...

S/l Raid Mastoid Cavity
May 04, 2010

This is an ENT case.  The dictator said "has not undergone raid or debridement of mastoid cavity." Thanks for your help :-)   ...

S/l And/in The Uterine Cavity Emptied
Aug 20, 2010

cannula was then reintroduced s/l and/in the uterine cavity emptied s/l at/out debris ...

Armstrong Braman Ear Tubes
Nov 19, 2010

Armstrong Braman ear tubes.  Cant get the second word there.  Brommer ear tubes. ...

NovaSure Ablation - Cavity?
Jun 23, 2012

I can't figure out this word.  Anyone have any ideas? There was noted to be an even and thorough ablation of the entire uterine ___ cavity.  s/l    corp - i - zoid  Thank you. ...

Lung CA With Secondary Mets To Brain And Thoracic Spinal Column,
Jan 06, 2010

lung CA with secondary mets to brain and thoracic spinal column. How would you write this, would you spell out the whole word? Thanks ...

S/l Toothex To Keep Her Oral Cavity Moist??
Aug 18, 2010

nm ...

Oral Cavity Opened And Suspended From The
May 02, 2012

nm ...

An S/l 'all' To Gain Access To Intramedullary Cavity.
Jun 02, 2015

Knee arthroplasty surgery:   Doc says, "A rongeur was used to clean out the tochlear notch.  This was followed an an s/l<All, ahl, ohl, oll> to gain access to the intramedullary cavity.   ...

Triamcinolone 2 Mg/0.05 Ml Was Injected Into The Vitreous Cavity Through The Supra??
Jul 03, 2013

Cataract surgery - What an accent this dictator has.  Please help. ...

Ear Wax Removal S/l Amationese
Aug 13, 2011

Patient is having ear wax impaction removed.  Dr. uses something that s/l amationese but cannot find anything close.  Please help!  Thanks! ...

Removal Of Initials
Jun 12, 2013

Has anyone ever had QA (as IC or employee) remove your initials and put their own?  I have never encountered this and wonder if I am overreacting, but it makes me uneasy.  Thoughts? ...

S/l Styme And Pin Removal
Mar 02, 2015

"Left shoulder styme and pin removal." ...

HAP Drain?
Feb 27, 2012

Can't seem to find an "HAP" drain.  I am sure I heard correctly.  "She has an HAP drain in place, which she has been taught how to empty." ...

Wart Removal Medication
Nov 29, 2009

Hi all, Is anyone familiar with a wart removal medication called, what sounds like "anichlomod or enichlomod."  I cannot find anything! :(   ...

Ganglion Cyst Removal -again
Jun 30, 2010

Risks including (s/l) an unlimited of bleeding, infection, scarring, etc. It seems to say either unlimited or nonlimited.  Neither of which make sense to me. ...

Ganglion Cyst Removal
Jun 30, 2010

After the procedure - The wound was clean and dry. Xeroform and dry sterile dressings were applied. (s/l) Gauze, Kling and ace bandage was then applied as a hand dressing. Why would they use guaze and Kling together? Can this be correct? ...

Left Eye S/l Teragon Removal
Jun 11, 2010

patient has past history of a left eye s/l teragon removal.  ...

Takahasi In Pituiary Removal
Aug 09, 2010

Takahashi it sounds like part of ENT in surgery ...