A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l "thumb" test...see more - Kimberly

Posted: Aug 01, 2010

Musculoskeletal:  Exam reveals paraspinal muscle spasm in the lumbar area.  Straight leg raising is negative.  "Thumb" test is positive on the left side.  she does have intact reflexes.

Might be thumb test. sm - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
LS Spine Lab - Athletic TrainingParaspinal muscle development - hypertrophy or atrophy, .... Sicard's test combines SLR & then extension of big toe instead of foot dorsiflexion. ... Limitations of the SLR, if not caused by hamstring tightness or spasm, ..... Pt. lies prone, examiner places one thumb on the PSIS & other thumb parallel to it on the ...
at.uwa.edu ΓΆ€ΒΊ Athletic Training & Sports Medicine Center - Cached - Similar

Lumbar Spine Exam | rehabmanualManeuver: Perform a SLR to the point of pain provocation. ... Maneuver: pinch the skin and roll between thumb and index finger; Response: any tenderness is indicative of ... Percussion test. Maneuver: percuss the paraspinal muscles ...
rehabmanual

Similar Messages:

ESL Rule Of Thumb
Nov 17, 2011

As American-born, English-speaking doctors are becoming the minority, I think all companies should openly state what percentage of ESL will be encountered in a new job and then ask 1 year of experience for each percentage of ESL; e.g. 40% ESL (the maximum I can personally tolerate) 4 years experience plus a differential in the line rate, too. What do y'all think? ...

Thumb Junctions
Jan 14, 2013

Patient has a 3 x 2 cm laceration at s/l glabber's and nonglabber's junctions of the thumb. I have no idea and have looked around for various sound variations, glabber, glavver, gleiver?? I am coming up with nothing. TIA! ...

Hallux As A Thumb?
Sep 02, 2013

I know the hallux is the big toe, but can it also be used for the thumb?  The doc is doing a carpal tunnel release and CMC arthroplasty and states "this gave us very good position of the first metacarpal and *hallux* nicely in place."  It is very clearly *hallu*, but sounds like it may have a T at the end.  Hallut?  I have never heard this and can't verify it.   ...

Patient With Mass On The Thumb. Please Sm.
Oct 17, 2009

It was explained to the patient that if in the future this should become painful, bothersome or if it becomes s/l systetically unpleasing to him, we could resect the osteophyte.  Definitely does not sound like cosmetically.  Thanks for any help ...

Pink Thumb - Orthopedics
Jul 28, 2010

Anyone ever heard of pink thumb?  Her thumb started to pink up and she has numbness in her thumb, completely, with pink thumb with an area of ecchymosis  Thanks. ...

Thumb Pad Lac, Doc Anesthetized The S/l Plasun
Mar 01, 2012

repair of a laceration on thumb pad.  Doc said he anesthetized the s/l plasun...  Can find no reference...  Help!   TIA ...

Thumb And Small Finger Pain And Swelling.
Apr 08, 2015

Curious if anyone else has started having base of thumb and small finger pain and swelling since doing ASR for the past many years? ...

X-ray Of The Thumb Reveals __(he Is Either Saying Nice Alignment Or Maintenance Alignment Of The Thu
Aug 28, 2010

TIA ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

S/l "as Proper" Tendon Towards The Thumb.
Mar 05, 2014

Examination revealed a large superficial mass in the dorsal radial aspect of the hand at the level of the "as proper" tendon towards the thumb. ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...

Thumb "C&C" Repair?
Mar 11, 2010

At least I think that's what he's saying. It doesn't sound like CNC.  Can't find either...Thanks! ...

Knee Test, Sounds Like "Simon's First Test"
May 06, 2015

Doc is doing a knee exam for large meniscal tear and bone-on-bone medial compartment OA.  He says what sounds like "Simons first test" caused grade 4 posterolateral tenderness. Any ideas? Thanks, Andrea ...

Apprehension Test Is Negative. *Falk* Sign Is Negative. Speed Test Is Negative. Thanx. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...

Lab Test Name
Oct 22, 2009

Sounds like CCSR~sound familiar to anyone, because I can't confirm it and I have never heard of it. TIA! ...

S/l G-lie-a-test
Nov 08, 2009

This is in the patient's medication list. Doctor says "s/l g-lie-a-test as needed". The patient has severe dementia, hypertension, history of aggressive sexual behavior at nursing home and glaucoma.  His other medications include lorazepam and Xalatan drops. Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

3T4 Test
Dec 16, 2009

Is that right, and is that how it should be typed out? thanks. ...

The CMT *test* Is Not To See How Much You Know, But
Mar 31, 2010

If any employer wants us to have that silly so-called "certification", they'll have to do a lot better than .05 cpl (or less) added to our pay for it.  Show us the MONEY first. ...

Lab Test Pro-on
May 25, 2010

Hi could somebody help me out with the lab test sounds like pro-one, but  I am unable to verify it on google. Is it Pro-1, pro-1, Pro-One or what? ...

Another Test
May 25, 2010

He was also negative for HIV s/l EFB.  ...

This Job Is A Test . . . It Is Only A Test
Jul 19, 2010

This job is a test . . . It is only a test . . . Had this been a real job . . . it would have come with raises, promotions and other signs of appreciation!!! ...

Anyone Taken The MME Test?
Sep 01, 2010

Just curious what I might be up against if I tried it.  I've done this for roughly 12 yrs but a friend (who has been at it longer than me) failed the first part. ...

Has Anyone Taken The MME Test
Oct 08, 2010

I am going to apply for MME, and I guess then you get an invitation to take the test.  Does anyone know about this test?  Do they expect you to proof the documents from begnning to end or just fill in blanks?  Any other information would be great as welll. ...

Lab Test Help, Please!
Nov 29, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of a test that s/l antiglumera BMAB?  It comes at the end of a long list of rheumatologic lab tests. ...

Another Lab Test...
Nov 29, 2010

How about a CL1Q?  Again, it is at the end of a long list of rheumatology labs. ...

New CMT Test
Jan 12, 2011

Did anyone take the new beta CMT test and find out their results? There were techical problems with scoring or something?  We've been waiting weeks and weeks and were told we would get the results no later than today, and still haven't heard anything.  ...

Before I Test For MQ....
Mar 17, 2011

can anyone tell me if they allow Windows 7 and what type of internet connect they require.  I realize most people here will tell me not to work for them, but I need a job bad. Thanks ...

TTS Test
Mar 24, 2011

Has anyone tested for TTS? ...

ROI Test
May 14, 2011

Has anyone here passed the ROI online test?  I took it but didn't pass.  The "failure" message suggested a specific training program.... There was an entire thread about this a few months ago.  Numerous MTs, some with 20 and 30 years of experience, said they didn't pass it.  (I have over two decades w/ extensive rad and have always had superb QAs.)  Someone suggested that it may be a scam.... I carefully reviewed each question and answer before submitting.&n ...