A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

thumb "C&C" repair? - Karen

Posted: Mar 11, 2010

At least I think that's what he's saying. It doesn't sound like CNC.  Can't find either...Thanks!

CMC - cj

[ In Reply To ..]
as in carpometacarpal.

Thank you - Karen

[ In Reply To ..]
Much appreciated.

Similar Messages:

ESL Rule Of Thumb
Nov 17, 2011

As American-born, English-speaking doctors are becoming the minority, I think all companies should openly state what percentage of ESL will be encountered in a new job and then ask 1 year of experience for each percentage of ESL; e.g. 40% ESL (the maximum I can personally tolerate) 4 years experience plus a differential in the line rate, too. What do y'all think? ...

Thumb Junctions
Jan 14, 2013

Patient has a 3 x 2 cm laceration at s/l glabber's and nonglabber's junctions of the thumb. I have no idea and have looked around for various sound variations, glabber, glavver, gleiver?? I am coming up with nothing. TIA! ...

Hallux As A Thumb?
Sep 02, 2013

I know the hallux is the big toe, but can it also be used for the thumb?  The doc is doing a carpal tunnel release and CMC arthroplasty and states "this gave us very good position of the first metacarpal and *hallux* nicely in place."  It is very clearly *hallu*, but sounds like it may have a T at the end.  Hallut?  I have never heard this and can't verify it.   ...

Patient With Mass On The Thumb. Please Sm.
Oct 17, 2009

It was explained to the patient that if in the future this should become painful, bothersome or if it becomes s/l systetically unpleasing to him, we could resect the osteophyte.  Definitely does not sound like cosmetically.  Thanks for any help ...

Pink Thumb - Orthopedics
Jul 28, 2010

Anyone ever heard of pink thumb?  Her thumb started to pink up and she has numbness in her thumb, completely, with pink thumb with an area of ecchymosis  Thanks. ...

Thumb Pad Lac, Doc Anesthetized The S/l Plasun
Mar 01, 2012

repair of a laceration on thumb pad.  Doc said he anesthetized the s/l plasun...  Can find no reference...  Help!   TIA ...

Thumb And Small Finger Pain And Swelling.
Apr 08, 2015

Curious if anyone else has started having base of thumb and small finger pain and swelling since doing ASR for the past many years? ...

X-ray Of The Thumb Reveals __(he Is Either Saying Nice Alignment Or Maintenance Alignment Of The Thu
Aug 28, 2010

TIA ...

S/l "as Proper" Tendon Towards The Thumb.
Mar 05, 2014

Examination revealed a large superficial mass in the dorsal radial aspect of the hand at the level of the "as proper" tendon towards the thumb. ...

ACL Repair
Mar 31, 2015

doc dictates "the knee was then held in 30 degrees of extension. A "night owl" wire was placed anterior to the graft..." What kind of wire? That doesn't sound right. I'm stumped. Not sure if it was a hiccup in dictation or not. ...

S/l ASC Repair As An Infant.
May 14, 2010

PAST SURGICAL HISTORY: s/l ASC repair as an infant.   any ideas?? ...

Hernia Repair
Jun 01, 2010

Dr. has dictated "go ahead and proceed with (s/l rainy-oh) hernia repair." help? TIA ...

C-phone Repair
Dec 23, 2010

I have an ongoing c-phone problem but don't have the time to be wihtout it to send it to the dealer.  Does anyone know who would best be able to fix it?  A computer repair place vs. TV repair, etc.  Any help is appreciated.   Thanks! ...

Endovascular Repair
Sep 02, 2011

Lander course wire or wonder course wire? ...

OP Note Help - ACL Repair
Dec 08, 2011

We confirmed the button had locked on the lateral femoral cortex and then used the pull sutures to pull the graft into the femoral tunnel.  All of this was confirmed using arthroscopic visualization.  The knee was taken through a full range of motion.  We confirmed "**s/l disometry** as well as the fact that there was no impingement on the femoral condylar roof nor on the PCL. I am not too familiar with op notes, so not sure what this word could be.  I came up with dissymmet ...

Need Help With Hernia Repair
Dec 12, 2011

The preperitoneum was taken down. The hernia was indeed medial to the epigastric vessels. The preperitoneal fat was further reduced. The hernia sac was completely reduced out of that area. A space was then created in the preperitoneum. A 4 x 6 inch Composix mesh was then introduced, secured to the ileopubic tract laterally and then also medially. The peritoneum was then closed over this with additional absorbable tacks. He tolerated this quite well. I'm not finding "preperitoneum" anywhere ...

Sternal Repair
Aug 16, 2012

Doc is doing a CABG. He says . . . An oblique fracture of the left manubrial edge was noted such that a s/l rovocheck wire reinforcement of the left sternal edge was carried out. ...

Hypospadias Repair
Jun 14, 2014

s/l "amegomelius/distal" hypospadias. Help? Can't find anything on my searches. Thanks! ...

Anyone Ever Heard Of TFCC LT Repair
Oct 15, 2009

x ...

Inguinal Hernia Repair, Thanks For Any Help Sm
Nov 17, 2009

With the preperitoneal contents replaced into the preperitoneal space, the preperitoneal space was then developed.  Then using the ___ s/l "calves ear" mesh, Prolene, this was placed into this defect with the balloon blown up and the mesh then affixed to the fascial edges circumferentially with 0 Vicryl suture. ...

S/l Horrible Pincer Repair
May 19, 2010

Sounds like "horrible pincer repair" ? ...

Help With Ureteral Open Repair. Thanks
Jul 13, 2010

Patient actually opted for endoscopic intervention, and risks for complication, including, but not limited to, infection, bleeding, and ureteral injury requiring a s/l medial to delayed open repair, were discussed. It also sounds like there is an "or" sound at the end of medial.  Thanks for any help.  ...

S/l Bladder Angle Repair
Sep 03, 2010

doc is talking about surgical history ...

Colpopexy,paravaginal Repair And ??
Nov 04, 2010

the dictator says the patient had colpopexy, paravaginal repair and ___________ sounds like PARANOFREE  what could this be?? ...

Tib Ant Tendon Rupture Repair
May 17, 2011

I am doing an ortho note for a tib ant tendon rupture repair.  the procedure will be a "tendon reconstruction with a graft.  Use a ___ screw to secure it to the cuneiform."  the word before screw s/l hutchins but I am not able to locate anything like that anywhere.  Can anyone help out with this?  Thank you. ...

Extensor Tendon Repair
Dec 22, 2011

The epicondyle was cleared subperiosteally and then punctured utilizing a 0.45 s/l SEE-SERTER pin. It sounds like C-serter???? TIA! ...

Repair Of Extensor Tendon
Aug 16, 2012

Repair of extensor tendon, dorsum of the proximal interphalangeal joint, with s/l Booten?  repair, left index finger.   Anybody heard of this type of repair.  Sounds like Booten?  Thanks.  ...

Cleft Lip And Palate Repair...
May 19, 2013

s/l  Laythin or Laysin procedure--mumbly, hard to make out.  Thanks in advance! ...

Inguinal Hernia Repair
Jun 25, 2014

doc is talking about infant inguinal hernia repair and says   He did have bilateral incisions on his abdomen with the s/l adhedoderms still in situ. - would think it is a brand name stitch or something, any help would be appreciated.  ...

Rotator Cuff Repair
Aug 28, 2014

Dictator is saying what sounds like auto-T was done at the biceps.  Can't confirm if its auto-T or oto-T.  Any suggestions?? ...